"You can even put alternate indexes on I-Desc, though this can lead to
serious problems if you are indexing a translate."

I read this comment (from an earlier thread on this list) and started
worrying: I have a requirement to select records based on a field that
is not currently in the record.  I have been planning on creating an
I-Desc that uses a TRANS() function to look up the data and then
building an index on that field.

What sort of "serious problems" would I expect from indexing a TRANS()
I-descriptor?

John B.

This message and all attachments are intended for the use of the individual or
entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me
immediately at the number listed above.

U.S. export law as contained in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations
(ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) may be applicable to any
technical information submitted with this communication. This technical
information is not to be placed in the public domain, exported from the U.S.,
or given to any foreign person in the U.S., without the prior, specific written
authorization of TeligentEMS LLC and the U.S. Department of State or the U.S.
Department of Commerce as applicable.