From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wols Lists
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:45 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] VOC Pointer

On 04/03/13 20:36, Israel, John R. wrote:
> I need to copy PDFs from a Windows server into a UNIX dir (where UniData
> lives).
>
> Can I map a VOC pointer?

Can the unix machine see a windows share? You MAY be able to put a network path
in field 2 of a voc entry, but by default, if UD recognises a network path
it'll probably refuse to access it.

And is copying PDFs (binary files) using the UD command line a good idea?

> Other thoughts?

Put samba on the HPUX box, share your HPUX directory, and copy the pdfs from
Windows to nix.

Or if you need to do it from the nix end, share your Windows directory and use
smbmount (probably part of samba, I'm not quite sure what's happened to it) to
make the windows share look like a nix directory where you can use nix commands
to copy.

> Running HPUX, UniData 7.2.1.
>
> John

Cheers,