If copying from the windows server to the HP-UX machine...
If you use the samba method... you would need:

1) Samba installed on HP-UX server running Unidata
2) Setup a share to share a directory on HP-UX
3) Map the network drive on the Windows Server
4) Just do a standard windows copy from one drive letter to the other

That being said, my steps above are grossly "over-simplified"
If you have never done a samba install on HP-UX and configuration before,
this could take you several days/weeks.

If its a one time deal, then the previous posters idea of ftp, is so much
easier.

Its been a number of years, since I put samba on HP-UX.
If you can find a package that utilizes swinstall (sam) somewhere out on
the web, it might make your life easier.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Israel, John R. <
johnisr...@daytonsuperior.com> wrote:

> We have used Samba other ways, but I have never actually tried to copy
> from Windows to Unix.
>
> What would the syntax be to copy?
>

> Thanks
>

> JRI