You can create a script, which runs in Unidata/Unix, that simply ftp's into a
directory and copies *everything* sitting there.
And this can be done automatically without user intervention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Israel, John R. <johnisr...@daytonsuperior.com>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Mon, Mar 4, 2013 1:36 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] VOC Pointer

Let me give a full picture.

I have a program on our Unix box running UniData.  This program processes a
BUNCH of nightly stuff including the launching of our PDF invoices which are
built on a Windows server (I have no control of that).  When the job finishes,
one of the things I need to do is verify that the PDFs were in fact created and
then send them out to a 3rd party source to be printed, stuffed and mailed.  I
thought it would be easier to copy the PDFs back to a temp folder on the Unix
box, tar them and send them to the 3rd party processing company.

I understand that I could have a job on the Windows box do this part, but then
would need some mechanism to fire off the script on the WIndows box.  Then,
when
the Windows script is done, it would need some way to fire off/release the
continuation of the tasks on the Unix box.  Timing is important here.

It may seem clumsy to pull the PDFs back on the Unix box, but I was trying to
keep all the control in one place and not try to chain things between
difference
boxes and hope I got my timings right.  Fewer points of failure and no real
timing issues.

STOP LAUGHING AT ME!

JRI