I once tried RESIZE CONCURRENT on a file that had a high amount of reads
happening to it, on Universe 10.3.4 on AIX.
(This was when I was a RESIZE rookie).

Brought the company to its knees for most of the morning.

I don't like it personally, but, that's just me.

Worst part is, once you start it, you better not stop it, because it will
break the file header and render the file pretty much useless.

It also takes a lot longer to finish because of all the activity on the
file too.

Luckily for me, the file did not have a lot of writes that morning, and so
I was able to restore from a previous nights backup.
The system at the time did not have transaction logging or anything like
that enabled.

Never tried it again after that.  Pretty much scarred me for life.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Baakkonen, Rodney A (Rod) 46K <
rodney.baakko...@cigna.com> wrote:

>  Have you used the Concurrent index build? The downside I have seen with
> that is the speed. I have some files that are large and the concurrent
> index build is very slow. So I only use the concurrent index build when I
> have small files. I would guess you would see similar performance with the
> resize. But it is a guess on my part. It will be interesting to see if
> anybody has used it.

John Thompson