On 04/22/2013 09:49 PM, Jeffrey Butera wrote:
I'm attempting some experiments with RESIZE CONCURRENT on Unidata 7.3.3 (RedHat) but failing miserably. I didn't think there was any configuration I needed to enable before using CONCURRENT, perhaps I'm misunderstanding the error message:

:RESIZE  H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP 3593,8 CONCURRENT RESTORE
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP is a synonym, real name is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP. Resize Concurrent Continue/Restore failed because the RESIZE_CONCURRENT bit was not set on the file.

I determined that the problem is "RESTORE". If we eliminate that keyword, RESIZE CONCURRENT works.

:RESIZE  H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP 3593,8 CONCURRENT
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP is a synonym, real name is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP.
The temporary file for RESIZE is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP.resize.
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP RESIZED from 3359 to 3593

I'm not yet sure of implications of not using RESTORE or CONTINUE, but I'm ok for now.

--
Jeffrey Butera, PhD
Associate Director for Application and Web Services