*From:* jbut...@hampshire.edu
*To:* U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
*Date:* 4/23/2013 3:35 PM
*Subject:* Re: [U2] Unidata RESIZE CONCURRENT
On 04/22/2013 09:49 PM, Jeffrey Butera wrote:
I'm attempting some experiments with RESIZE CONCURRENT on Unidata 7.3.3 (RedHat) but failing miserably. I didn't think there was any configuration I needed to enable before using CONCURRENT, perhaps I'm misunderstanding the error message:

:RESIZE  H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP 3593,8 CONCURRENT RESTORE
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP is a synonym, real name is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP. Resize Concurrent Continue/Restore failed because the RESIZE_CONCURRENT bit was not set on the file.

I determined that the problem is "RESTORE". If we eliminate that keyword, RESIZE CONCURRENT works.

:RESIZE  H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP 3593,8 CONCURRENT
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP is a synonym, real name is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP. The temporary file for RESIZE is H08.DATA/DATA_F/H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP.resize.
H08.FACULTY.WL.SNAP RESIZED from 3359 to 3593

I'm not yet sure of implications of not using RESTORE or CONTINUE, but I'm ok for now.