From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Woodward, Bob
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:38 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Exporting to File regularly

Hi David,

Though this is not a great option, you could create a new file and either just
copy the current contents of the file you want to watch into it or just a
"fingerprint" record if all you need is a "record exists"
type of monitoring.  Then a simple SELECT of the first file followed by an
NSELECT of the fingerprint file would give you a resulting active select list,
if any, of the new records which you could use to update your fingerprint file.
 These would be done inside a new., small program that you could then send an
email message from.  Run it from the OS's task scheduler and it's fully
automated.

Like I said, this is probably NOT the best solution but it gives you another
approach to consider, depending on your needs.  It also is completely separate
from the current system you have with no interference of the vendors
application.

I'd be happy to give you more specifics if you want to try this.

BobW