Why not Linux?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brutzman, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:35 AM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: UV on SCO Unix

We bought the year-end UV amnesty upgrade from IBM.  Because of an existing
ERP license agreement, we need to stay with "Unix".

While I would prefer to stay with HP-Ux, pricing for a new HP-Ux server
seems to be approaching $10,000.  Right now, I am not sure if it makes any
sense to upgrade hardware in our HP-9000-E45 box.

We would rather spend $3k.  Thus, I am considering running SCO on say a Dell
server.  Any comments on running UV on SCO ?

Perhaps there is another "Unix" besides SCO...

Bill Brutzman, Manager IT
HK MetalCraft Mfg Corp
PO Box 775
35 Industrial Road