I must admit we too have the exact same problem with IBM.

After some long drawn out dealings we finally got it all resolved with no
penalties.

We are currently looking into a new system and I'm sure this mess has left
a bad taste in some of the mouths here.

It might affect the type of system we get. Maybe nothing with an IBM/MV
database.

I'll get retrained, I hope, but it's really not fair.

A number in management here think the MV is an old PICK system and don't
have a clue as to what it can really do.

This just adds more fuel to there anti-MV fire.

I bet we'll get stuck with an all SQL system. Changing file structures on
it sure wont be as easy.

That's my 2 cents

" I used to be an Optimist until I knocked over the glass. "

Randy Smith Programmer/Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://users.adelphia.net/~lee_crystal/
http://www.sopranoboy.com