> Is your interest more in "Web Services", or "Eclipse/Java" ?

Hi Ross,
I'm interested in all of the above but in the case of Eclipse, just the IDE.
It's very cool, have you seen it? It should be simple to create a plug-in
for it for U2.

For those who aren't familiar with Eclipse (www.eclipse.org), it's a
development framework (IDE) "for nothing in particular". That is, it is
adaptable to a range of different development tools, like an open source
version of Visual Studio (but, as it's users say, much better).

It was originally written by IBM and donated to the open source community.
You can create "plug-ins" for it for whichever particular languages or tools
you work with, the tools should then integrate. Obviously alot of work has
been done using it in the Java & WebSphere Studio realm but Eclipse
shouldn't be confused with just those tools. One should, in theory, be able
to use it to create MV schemas, workflows etc and then generate the database
& code from it or reverse engineer existing MV DBs... maybe.

So, as for using Eclipse to create web services or stuff with Java, Rational
or WebSphere, that's a possibility but at this stage I'm just interested in
it as a potentially very cool development platform for U2.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has experience with Eclipse and their
views on its aplicability to the U2 environment.

Cheers,
Stuart

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.