I think Joe may realize a couple things:
1) He doesn't know enough about the system to criticize it.
2) The IT people in his UV shop didn't know much either.

Many Pick guys get into Pick because they know their business market but not
much about technology, and Pick makes it easy to write software without
being a real programmers.  Once people do get into Pick, a high level of
technical proficiency can be attained quickly - not always the same
technical skills as in other areas but the job gets done nonetheless.  Many
people do branch out to understand how mainstream technologies integrate
with Pick, but not everyone.  As Dave says, when people don't extend beyond
the basic skills it doesn't mean the technology itself is deficient.

I think this will be my last comment on the topic.
Tony

Since people are posting quotes, the following came to mind:

"Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing
knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be
ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it."
-Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784),

"I refuse to get into a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed."
-Unknown