I have mixed XM and XW clients on XM and XW aps. I had them all on almost
half the beta v6 releases, and never had this problem with clients dropping.

I was still on RC2 when the 6.0 final came out and people started reporting
their clients were dropping and M900 radios were getting bricked. I'm
hanging out on RC2 until these things get resolved.