What about using the libpicotts voices since I believe they are the same as the
svox voices on android?
-----Original Message-----
From: Bohdan R. Rau [mailto:etha...@polip.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:51 PM
To: ubuntu-accessibility@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Anyway possible using Svox Classic TTS engine with Ubuntu?

W dniu 2013-05-07 14:28, Kyle napisał(a):

> Android voices should be even easier than SAPI voices to make work
> with speech-dispatcher, since x86 builds of Android are now available,
> and the voices need to be built for it, making them one step closer to
> x86-based desktop Linux.

Question is: are the Android voices compiled for x86 or only for ARM?
Also there may be licensing problem: some of Ivona voices for Android are
currently free, but not Windows versions :( And price of Android and Windows
versions are different.
I asked Ivona support about Windows voice installation on Linux - there is no
licensing problem, if I pay for the voice I can use it even on washing machine
:)

With SAPI all software is ready for x86 architecture, so in theory all voices
should work. But I found one problem:
I have working SAPI voice server (idea was taken from open-sapi project, but
code is completely different), client libraries and experimental
speech-dispatcher module. I tested it with Acapella (demo
only) and Ivona (demo and registered) voices and all works perfectly. As there
is no hungarian voice in Ivona or Acapella, I found one hungarian voice (Nuance
Vocalizer) in theory compatible with SAPI5.
But after instalation SAPI on Wine was broken - not possible to create COM
object. Reinstalling SAPI does not fully solve this problem - SAPI works, but
does not see hungarian voice. As I'm not familiar with Windows programming - I
can't find working solution.

ethanak
--
http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!