On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Nolan Darilek <no...@thewordnerd.info>wrote:

> On 10/30/2013 11:19 AM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> > If there were more resources, more effort could be put into supporting
> > interim releases. Luke
>
> I agree. It's a shame that Canonical is so focused on replacing GNOME
> with Unity, replacing Wayland with Mir, building its own cloud
> deployment solution, putting Ubuntu on every device, that it only has a
> single developer to spare for access, which is why I've asked for years
> what meaningful action can be done about that. Even Android pushes out
> accessibility improvements faster than does Ubuntu these days. But there
> just doesn't seem like enough interest from Canonical--too busy
> pandering to their able-bodied users I suppose--so I'm at a loss.
>
> The issue isn't resources. It's priorities.
>
> There are more people than Canonical working with the different Ubuntu
based distributions. One way is to get engaged in the communities.

As for most of the community driven projects I would say that resources is
a main factor that one need to prioritise the work you put in. Myself, I
got a full time job, learning the ropes on how to be a parent and juggle my
time with a lot of activities. When I get the opportunity to contribute to
a project (Ubuntu Studio in my case) I have to prioritise where to put my
small contribution. For the 13.10 release I tried to get in accessibility
in the ISOs, but due to not having enough time (resource) I could not do
enough testing to make it work and the result was that speech with orca was
not supported on the ISOs (though brltty and orca are).

/Jimmy