Étienne Bersac wrote:
Hello,

Thank you Mark for responding, don't forget you are our bdfl :)

I like the glass effect on our current widgets.

I also like the glassy effect. Something i dislike is the inconsistence of glassiness between widgets. What about glassy buttons, combo and scrollbars ? That might make the theme more consistent. Check and Radio button aren't glassy enough to fit well with the progress bar. Is this possible to glass tongoish icons ? A kind of mix between tango colors and ubuntu glassy might be a great compromise.
In tangerine [1] the folder icons have been glossed up a tiny bit compared to tango-icon-theme, but making the whole set out of glass would not be that great, as you have to stare at these interface elements all day.
As Mark said, glossy stuff should be used with care.

1. special theme based on tango-icon-theme but with more brown and orange
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/bat/orango-tango/status.png