Hello,

While you say they are not glassy enough, I don't know how you would work the glass effect into them, given their small size.

Yes, 2 pixel wider and heigther would be clearer and allow theme to fit more with the theme (button and combo are quite big). (see OS X, but those one are too big for my taste).

We put orange in the mouseover effect because (a) that's short-term and (b) that's when you are USING the widget and want to make decisions about it, so it fits nicely into the framework I described above, of using bold colors when something is in active use.

That's really important, we must put "short term item glassier, long term item flatter" in DapperUbuntuLookGuidelines !!!

There is something still wrong in orange : it does not fit the caramel and chocolate colors.

colorscheme[1] might be very helpful here. Select a base colour and request a corresponding colour both lighter, darker, saturate and desaturate colours. This way we will have a more consistent palette of colour. colorscheme is also able to help us selecting the second base color if we want one.

Then we must set the guidline of color choice : tooltip must have a very desaturate colour, short term widget must have lighter/warmer color, etc.

This way, we will be able to both have consistent colours and gradient glassiness consitent between widget.

That is a polished theme for a dapper drake !

Really, think to fill http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUbuntuLook/Guidelines with useful info to help artist make artwork dapper-compliant.

Étienne.