On May 17, 2006, at 12:13 AM, Troy James Sobotka wrote:

Building on this momentum, anyone want to helm building a cohesive wiki
page with the desktop contributions (thumbnails) splash and usplash
thumbnails?

Nice work guys.

A little warning though -- some of those 640x400 images will NOT scale
correctly to their final locations.

FYI, if you don't already know this, start with a 640x480 image and
scale it down to 640x400. That should get you the correct aspect ratio.

Hehe, I had this discussion already with someone else :-)

You only loose information when doing it as you suggest. The correct way is to design the whole thing scrunched up like that to begin with. Of course, if you are doing it in vector graphics format then you can simply scale it before exporting the png.

Anyone tried to get a usplash to conform to a Gimp 16 color palette
generated png?  I get 'too many colors' on the attempt to generate a c
file.

nope, works great here.

Bye,
Ken