Hello,

> Here is how I do it...the first part probably makes no sense, but I
> am used to doing it that way :-)
>
> 1) Create a basic 640x480 pic with the correct branding, etc. as vector.
> 2) scale that down to 640x400
> 3) add extra highlights, glow and shadows as appropriate
> 4) save a pic as 24bit png
> 5) change to indexed color (no dithering), 15 colors if you need to
> add a white or red for text purposes...save the file
> 6) open the colormap dialogue and swap colors where necessary to make
> it fit to the code...note that your pic starts looking funky really
> quick - save that with another name
> 7) open the pic without the adjusted colormap from step 5, select
> all, copy, and paste into the one from step 6 - gimp adjust the index
> stuff automagically
> 8) touch it up per hand as necessary (didn't go this far yet on the
> pics I posted on the wiki)
>
> pngtobogl it, and build, link, etc.

I followed youre step to manually implement Gimp palette drag'n'drop ;)
[attached], That may have set up the right palette, but that didn't make
my splash viewable ! I wonder why do is see nothing at the screen.

> I would suggest staying away from command line tools to edit these
> pics because of the small size, aspect ratio/scaling issues and the
> limited number of colors.

Maybe. I find that funny to search the best way to automatis that stuff.
Especially thumbnailing, building and installing.

I may will try to implement a way to modify the palette in the .c, as it
is far easier.

--
Verso l'Alto !