On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 18:34 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Troy James Sobotka wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-10-06 at 14:54 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>

>>A theme could then consist of 4-5 of these special icons, but in the
>>same style as the regular theme, to not look out of place.
>>Only computer/art nerds worry about if the icon theme has a tilted
>>folder, some extra gloss or whatever.
>>- Andreas
>>

>I think this is a terrific idea if we can somehow manage to
>use existing themes out there.  If you know of a way to
>collect a list, or perhaps begin one at the wiki, it
>would be a wonderful way to add diversity without taxing
>our already limited time commitments.
>
>Great idea Andreas.  Thanks.

Thomas Wood (of art.gnome.org fame) and myself started this some time
ago, but we had to put it on ice, as we both got hooked up in other
projects. This is just a rough start and it can be totally improved.
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/PlusPack
- Andreas

A complete Tango/Tangerine would be nice before venturing out. As long as it takes, I don't see how anyone could suggest other icon themes, especially after having icon themes cut from us on dapper. Lets keep it realistic and managable. Completing the already mentioned 2 or 3 will be more than enough. Don't lower the quality by added more, when more than 3 isn't even an option and Mark wants 2 before attempting 3.
-Billy