On 9/8/06, Steven Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/8/06, Nathan Eckenrode < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:08, PingunZ wrote:
> ubuntuguide.org
I am not certain I see how Mediawiki is better at allowing one to see the
progression of work that has been done on artwork. It appears to be the same
solution that is currently in place, a wiki. i certainly can be wrong in this
aspect, it will not be the first time nor the last time.

The solution which is demonstrated at kollabor8 has images which you check out
and alter and then upload the new version, very similiar to version control
for code except demonstrates the visual changes in the item.

Perhaps this is not what people are looking for to streamline the process, but
it makes sense to me that if the developers of code base have a cvs to
maintain code, then the developers of the distribution's artwork needs a
system which allows the artists to compare the changes to a piece of art in a
visual manner and make decisions on which to make collaborative
contributions.

Still, I retain the right to be wrong and will try to accept it if I am.

We artists are visual people and as such I think we need a visual tool, not a text based one. Wiki style tools are text based, which great code but not for artwork.
Something I've used is Adobe's Version Cue (http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/versioncue.html ), it won't help us as it only works with Adobe software eg Photoshop ($$$$$$), but I think it's closer to what we need. Thats my idea of kind thing we need.

Thats my 2 cents.

Steve

Also Adobe® Graphics Server (http://www.adobe.com/products/server/graphics/) or  Adobe® LiveCycle® ( http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/) maybe helpful. Never used them and I know very little about about them, but they might be useful.

2 more cents

Steve