On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 19:15 +0100, Gianluca Sartori wrote:
> Style and Coherency
>       * panel icons have all a different style. Would be good, at
>         least for the default icons to create a coherent set. I
>         suggest a flat style like the MacOS has adopted for his
>         menubar  (pic1)

Consistency is a well praised element in the artwork team camp.  That
said, we are dealing with very complicated circumstances.  As you can
imagine, the icons take a good deal of effort.  Currently, the bulk of
the icons were contracted by sabdfl and built by the IconFactory.  If
someone were to construct a set of panel icons that met sabdfl's
approval, it is possible they could be included.  This is not an easy
endeavor however.  ;)

> Colors
>       * I gave a look to the palette on the wiky
>         (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/sabdflAesthetic) is
>         it the approved one? I think we should create a richer palette
>         like the one used by the gnome guys
>         (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/design.html#Palette)
> so that we can create coherent icons

The palette has never been used to the best of my knowledge.  There is
currently _no_ official palette for Ubuntu.

> Beryl
>       * I installed Beryl. Don't know if the new Feisty Fawn will have
>         the 3DWM by default, but anyway I think that the default
>         settings are a bit too much confusing for the common user. I
>         have a less hard approch to visual effects. You can found my
>         beryl settings attached ( soft-beryl-settings.Profile)

I believe if you read the last UWN you will see some information on the
newest Feisty related Compiz elements.

> Window Manager
>       * The actual theme is very good. The only thing I don't like is
>         the border around the three control buttons. What about
>         leaving them without border and put a sort of transparent
>         highlight on mouse hover? I also like the color to be a little
>         bit darker like the color of that Ubuntu Smooth Chocolate
>         background you can find installed by default. Probably also a
>         little bit of antialias/smooth on the rounded corners and a
>         darker line to mark the separation between the caption and the
>         application menu more sharpen.

I believe some of the limitations are inherent in GNOME.  You would
either need to address them with code or formalize a bug report for
change.

Hope this helps,
TJS