Kenneth Wimer wrote:

> Well, everything except the gfxboot should not be a problem. Since the
> gfxboot
> only uses 16 colors we are so limited that it is simply impossible to use the
> exact same pic. We either need to go grey-scale or use a simple (non 3D) logo
> for this. I do not think it would be good to try to make a different 3D
> version to work with 16 colors as it would look too different to the rest of
> them.

Think again! You know that Ubuntu Christan Edition? Well, as of Version
2.0, the gfxboot theme is based off the Usplash artwork from Edgy

http://shots.linuxquestions.org/?linux_distribution=Ubuntu%20CE%202.0

I'm going to try and investigate this. Version 2.0 was based off Dapper,
and it probably has that VGA patch in it too (limiting it to 16 colors).

Viper550