On 06/11/2007, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 06/11/2007, Kenneth Wimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday 06 November 2007 16:12:12 Andrea Cimitan wrote:
> > > I can confirm those words another time. ;)
> > > Diagonal stripes could be fun when you have a lot of buttons with a
> > > fixed aspect (see gcalctool for example), but when you have an app
> > with
> > > a lot of buttons of various aspects (some thin, some fat etc etc) the
> > > result is a _really_ boring theme. Unconsinstent too.
> > >
> > > Don't waste your time now ;)
> > >

> > I agree completely with this. It might look nifty in a certain mockup
> > but I am
> > not sure it would be good in a real theme.
> >

> To late I already tried it out ;-P
>
> I agree that the look gets confusing with various size buttons, because
> you get diagonal reflections in all sorts of different angles - this makes
> it confusing for the eye.
>
> I am going to try a few other alternative gradients - diagonal
> alternatives (fx fixed tilt) and some inspired by circle projections.

I have some preliminary results put up on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MikkelKamstrupErlandsen/HardyThemeStorm

But is just a *very* quick hack only aimed at testing various reflections.

I will put up some more over the next days. If other people are intersted in
theme-engine-hacking I suggest you take a quick look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MikkelKamstrupErlandsen/ThemeEngineTricks - which
should get you going pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Mikkel