The murrina theme may not support those diagnal gradiants, but It does have
nice up turned gradients on the sides of buttons. Probably much more
functional than the diagnal gradient. I imagine the diagnol ones would look
wierd on something like a progress bar that changes sizes.

Screencap:
http://www.gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre2/47466-2.jpg