shadowh511 wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     shadowh511 wrote:
>     > i know someone that knows GTK, so it is a possibility
>
>     Coding this isn't actually the big thing. It's getting Ubuntu to
>     use it.
>     Are you guys on the same list I am? :)
>
>     _Seriously_ I won't mince words with this on. Don't waste your time on
>     this idea. It will never happen in Ubuntu. Test the waters on the
>     ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list if you like. There are also just as
>     many reasons not to do this as to do it.
>
>     Personally, I just want to get in and use the OS. I don't need nag
>     screens.
>
>     I'll let it go from here on out unless someone responds directly
>     to me.
>     I urge you to not waste your time and trust in that I have learned a
>     thing or two while crafting Studio.
>
>     -Cory \m/
>

> THERE WILL BE AN INSTALL OPTION TO SKIP THE WIZARD

Since you responded, this is a prime example of what's wrong on this
list. Where's the plan? Why didn't you mention this in the 1st post? How
will the rest of this work? That's most of this list. "Lets's do X!"
then lots of "Yeah! That's awesome". Some chat ensues then nothing.

And to respond directly to your post. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. (like that?
) :P You really have *no* clue what it would take to get this into
Ubuntu and the history that is completely against you.

I tried in a straightforward manner to educate you but you don't wanna
take it constructively. Rock on. Have fun.

-Cory \m/

PS: Just because we disagree on this doesn't mean I won't package any
art for you. ;)