> >>  * I like the Borderless metacity theme the most, it looks lighter and
> >> more elegant in my eyes. It is darn hard to resize the windows with
> >> the borderless variant though. Perhaps adding a bottom border for
> >> easier resizing? I think someone played with adding a subtle gradient
> >> on the bottom border... Maybe it was New Wave, Anton?
> > The bottom border is already large in the borderless theme; however, you
> > still get diagonal resizing only at 1x3(?) corner pixels, which is still
> > quite a pain in windows without handles.
>
> I tried adding a more visible bottom border - 5 px with some
> highlights. I think this works ok...
>
> Updated metacity theme attached. I added two new draw_ops,
> "draw_bottom_frame_inactive" and "draw_bottom_frame_normal" and
> applied them to the window bottom of frame_style_normal_focused and
> frame_style_normal_unfocused. That is all.
>
> Screen shot: http://grillbar.org/tmp/dust-metacity-tweak-1.png
>
> The extra highlight on the focused window also makes it easier to
> distinguish... At least to my olde eyes :-)

We've dropped the dark statusbars (it causes too many apps to look
weird), so I just made it look more borderless, something like:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5070/screenshotfj3.png
Bottom border has height of 4.

I'll check what you've done anyway.

> >>  * The scrollbars colors... They somehow confuse my 33% of the times I
> >> use them. My mind tells me that the slider is in the most light part
> >> of the scroll bar. This is especially in windows where the slider
> >> length is bigger than the free space in the scroll bar
> > A lot of people have complained about this. Maybe we can add drag
> > handles instead?
>
> Yeah, try a few things out. Drag handles might be enough visual clue...
>
> And more issues while we are at it :-)
>
>  * Progress bars are glossy and candy striped. This seems out of sync
> with the rest of the theme.
>
>  * Ditto for list view headers

But I want my progress bars shiny! :( On a more serious note, we'll see
if we change it. The glossy stuff were carry-overs from the Aurora
version of the theme.

The theme at the wiki has been updated; try it. :D