Nathan Herholdt said:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just setting up a Ubuntu server for the first time and am having
> some trouble (I think). Does Ubuntu have a desktop manager for the
> system, something that looks like normal Ubuntu? If so, how do I get
> to it. I can get as far as putting my login info into a black and
> white screen.

That's it.  The server edition does not install a graphical desktop
environment.  If you're not comfortable with the command-line methods of
server administration, there's nothing wrong with installing Ubuntu
desktop edition and then installing the server software you want to
administer (e.g. Apache).

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."