To: Ubuntu-au discussion e-list and the "ubuntulinux" yahoo! group
Hi All,I have been looking at the About.com website and found lots and lots
of info about Linux, and in particular:
Optimal Use of Fonts on Linux
http://linux.about.com/od/fnt_howto/a/hwtfnt11.htm

But before I rush and install Linux software for managing Fonts, I'd like to
ask ppl here:

1) What font manipulation (eg installing & viewing) software is BEST for me,
in particular, I may want to self-publish some small 'chap-books'

2) What fonts are good with Desktop Publishing Software (for Linux).

3) What Desktop Publishing software will allow me to print A5 size
chap-books on A4 paper. e.g. so that the A4 document can then be folded in
into an A5 sized book. This simply requires that the A4 size document is
printed with the number of pages being a multiply of four (4).

4) I have a number (2 or 3 dozen) public domain free Micro$oft Windows True
Type (I think) fonts... these are on the "Download" page of my googlepages
website. Actually, they've been on there for years. I'd really like to
install some or all of these (in Linux Kubuntu). What is the best approach
for me to go about doing this. I'd like to use my fonts with OpenOffice.org
& also with Desktop publishing software and other programs too.

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com (or) http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)