Hey Amos,

Guy please let me know if I'm off the mark with this one.

Yes it does have all that on the disk, but you'll probably still want to
have an internet connection to update drivers and what not.

It comes with
- Open Office (similar to MS Office Professional Ed 2003)
- Firefox (similar to Internet Explorer 7)
- Bunches of other useful applications and more can be downloaded.

Not 100% sure about the PDF reader, but thats easily fixed with a trip to
the Adobe website. Open Office does come with it's own PDF maker though.

Just so you know all the extra programs that come with Ubuntu aren't
actually apart of the Ubuntu project but are apart of a different project
called GNU.

Much love to GNU! ;)