G'day,

Just some random thoughts in a brainstorm kind of way.

I too have been following this thread for a while and wondering where it was
leading. I offer the following opinions (mine and mine only!)

I too got frustrated with the global shipit service some time ago and have
given
up on it. I have availed myself of Peter's service, he is prompt and
inexpensive.

Do we really need to reinvent the wheel? The infrastructure is already in place.

At $2.60 I'm happy to bet that Peter is only just covering media, post and
packing costs. I don't think he's getting rich off it!!!

Perhaps Peter's service is only catering to the already converted? If we want
do a promo for each release, (with free CD and some nice packaging as in
Shipit)
I would think it comes in around $3.00 to $3.50 per CD shipped singly.

While we all love Ubuntu and try to promote it at every opportunity, there has
to be a good business case as well. A sponsor would be handy... say a Computer
mag or duplication service... someone who's name/logo could be up there on the
disk or packaging.

A hand labeled generic disk is NOT going to cut it with the local school
principal or small business owner.

PS...
Sorry I wasn't "at" the meeting. I'm dyslexic and found the random postings
VERY
hard to follow. Ended up printing out the log and going through it with a
couple
of hi-lighters. No way I could do it in real time!

73 de Norm, VK3XCI
Mildura, Australia
The Wintersun City
QF15bt.