On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Dave Hall <dave.h...@skwashd.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 22:55 +1000, Tony "H.G" Candito wrote:
>> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Jared Norris <jrnor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This same small
>> > group of people then flooded the mailing list with email after email
>> > essentially just rehashing the same thing over and over again.
>>
>> Lot's of hidden ass-kissing and contradictions. People weren't helping
>> precisely because Mellisa has the "keys" to the car in the first
>> place, and the very prospect of that being up for dispute made people
>> contribute (if you'd call talking about said keys going to someone
>> else contribution). I'm not sure how this is not all blatantly
>> obvious.
>
> I honestly believe that those who contacted the LoCo council about their
> "alternate loco" (for lack of a better name) with no discussion of their
> actions on the list to be unethical.  It strike me that those involved
> in this group/faction were only motivated by their own ego, and this
> post confirms that.  My 2 year old son enjoy wrecking something my older
> son is enjoying just because he can't do what he likes - I see some
> parallels here.
>
>> These walls of texts aren't going to do much good. Telling people they
>> have "freedom to do whatever" is one of the reasons the LoCo was
>> rejected, there is no direction, support or ownership in it's current
>> structure, and I don't care how controversial it is to say it's
>> because of who's in place.
>
> It seem that you (and possibly others) have personal issues with
> Melissa.  I don't think this list is the appropriate forum for you (and
> others) to continue their vendetta against her.  Lets develop a process
> for making decisions and moving forward, rather than attack Melissa.  I,
> like others, think that Melissa has done a good job of being the team
> contact for the LoCo, for a start she has tried to grow it, not smash
> it.
>
>> Flame on.
>
> Hardly a constructive way to end your contribution.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

Establishing your parenthood reeks of hidden patrionism vis-a-vis the
notion you are older or have kids, in the chance I may not have kids /
lack that particular set of responsibility's thereon - In order to
convey your message with more conviction, but by it's very nature, be
talking down as oppose to at me. Clever cookie, but it really set the
tone for the rest of your message, which was important for you..  The
irony in that you inform me of my "flame on" comment being
non-constructive is that you'd only just finished likening me to a /
your, 2 year old. Moving on;

As far as ego is concerned, you're delusional. The people involved
with contacting the council were shut down (individually) by Melissa,
more than once, over vast periods of time, and most recently off and
on list. Ideas were mentioned, but were met with the same, predictable
"Do what you want, it's not my job to motivate you" message was
rehashed over and over. It's a massive cop-out. I'm honestly
gob-smacked I need to explain this. Nobody wants their hand held, they
just want incentive, responsibilities, voices. Right now any of that
is only an illusion governed by a status-hungry few. I'm honestly not
making waves here, it's been said, and it is _so_ obvious.

Do I have a personal problem with Melissa? No. I don't know her and
quite frankly don't care for her, but professionally, beyond her
talent with words and tearing people down (what I'm doing now,
right?), I think she's done an average job and the LoCo has turned to
fluff because of it. I don't care how many of her fanboys attempt to
crucify me for it, it's the truth and our current council rejection
shows that. Has Melissa done good things for Ubuntu? Certainly, in
fact, she's probably done more than 5 of me put together as far as
exposing other people. Melissa has her credits, I don't know her well
enough to say much more than that, but right now the context is the
Australia LoCo, and as far as that is concerned, it hasn't worked, and
as fun as it may be to argue that point with me, you're achieving
nothing - because no amount of convincing yourself things are working
is going to make it true.

It's known people want new governing, leadership & structure, so why,
even after rejection, is this not being instantly implemented? better
yet, how is it that this is even debatable?