Hi Jared,
I think one of the main problems is getting word out about the fact that
meetings actually happen, rather than just tech support. Additionally,
making sure people are aware of -when- they are on well in advance. The
mailing list is one way of doing that but other platforms could be used.  I
think the link to the Meetings page, agenda and other material should be
more prominently featured on the Ubuntu-AU site. Further, I would suggest
(much to people's dismay) that social networking is slowly taking preference
over email in terms of what people check more frequently. I think social
media could be utilised more to spread the word about the activities of the
loco and the meetings. Updates to the team's Facebook page when meetings are
scheduled and occurring would ensure more people were aware of them. E.g.
myself, I always forget the meetings are coming up until I check my email
right before going to sleep. If I sign myself up to the Facebook group
I'd definitely be more aware of things such as team
meetings. Particularly  given "push notifications" on the iPhone etc. A
plugin might well be used to automate the process of cross-posting about the
meeting to all the platforms?

- Sam