On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Schoap D <schoapp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks.
> Is it just like a update process?
>
> apt-get source <pakket>
> wget <newer version.tar.gz>
> mv hello-2.3.tar.gz hello_2.3.orig.tar.gz
> tar xfz hello_2.3.orig.tar.gz
> cd hello_2.3/
> zcat ../hello_2.2-2.diff.gz | patch -p1
> dch -i

No, it's even simpler than that. Remember that for a "backport" Jaunty
already has the new package version. You are just recompiling it.

dpkg-source -x hello.dsc
cd hello-2.3
dch -i
debuild -S && pbuilder build ../new_version_backport.dsc

> How do I get the Jaunty package in a Intrepid environment? Or the source?

You can use the Launchpad +source page, like
https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash

Follow a version link to take you to a ".dsc" URL. Then just run "dget -ux
http://that_link/foo.dsc";

Or  see the attached script 'lpget'. For example, "lpget bash" fetches bash
from jaunty and extracts it (equivalent to dget -ux, just it finds the dsc
URL automatically); "lpget bash/intrepid" fetches bash from intrepid.