honestly I don't think we'll encounter a stick that doesn't work.IMO we'll have
people who will have a computer that boots any stick or no stick at all.(You'll
have to be damn good finding a usb stick that isn't able to store a boot image)

From: jbongae...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:36:42 +0200
To: ubuntu-be@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-be] usb sticks met ubuntu preloaded --- the essential
message

Problem with this compatibility list is that some manufacturers use different
suppliers for their electronic components in order to reduce dependency from
one supplier.
That means you sometimes get two exactly identical models, but from a different
batch, that has something exotic inside and all of a sudden it doesn't work.

But for our stick (and anything else computer related we sell) we could always
offer a money back guarantee, if we feel that this is necessary.

Cheers,
Jan.

On 19 May 2011 13:29, wouter Vandenneucker <wouterv...@hotmail.com> wrote:

@etienne:for a list with ubuntu compatible hardware you can take a look
at:http://webapps.ubuntu.com/marketplace/europe/

It lists a number of shops in belgium that sell hardware (and software) that is
compatible with ubuntu.
grts

Wouter

Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.