Hi,

Timo Jyrinki [2008-04-21 12:56 +0300]:
> I have a long term wish that the fact that non-English people need the
> Internet connection enabled would be recognized to the extent that
> people would really be guided to click on the Network Manager icon (or
> just presented with a dialog "Please select your Internet connection"
> in the installer which would probably be better) to enable eg. WLAN
> connection before the installation. Wired connections should
> theoretically be automatically enabled, though.

In cases where that's not possible, I think the current approach of
having the language selector install the missing pieces is better.
Since a few days ago this should work even better:

language-selector (0.3.3) hardy; urgency=low

  [ Arne Goetje ]
  * added .note files for update-notifier do be displayed in
    case the language-support is not complete

  [ Michael Vogt ]
  * make the .note files translateable
  * make the build more robust

 -- Michael Vogt < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:23:41 +0200

I. e. people do not actually need to know about its existance, but get
a notification for it.

Testing and feedback heavily appreaciated!

Martin