2008/4/20 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  I'll have to look for our bug number and report back, but as you can see,
> this is a major showstopper, because any Portuguese Ubuntu User will be
> presented with and English GUI of OOo.
>  Is this a question of CD space?

Hi. Unfortunately the Internet connection _has_ to be enabled during
installation for complete language support to be enabled. There's no
space on the CDs for practically any (full) language support, so they
have to be downloaded. If the Internet connection is enabled during
installation, full support should get downloaded (and it works for me
and has worked in the past for all people, too). You with Portuguese
at least have some translations on the CD, most other languages do not
have any besides the installation program itself.

I have a long term wish that the fact that non-English people need the
Internet connection enabled would be recognized to the extent that
people would really be guided to click on the Network Manager icon (or
just presented with a dialog "Please select your Internet connection"
in the installer which would probably be better) to enable eg. WLAN
connection before the installation. Wired connections should
theoretically be automatically enabled, though.

I meant this generic problem with the "larger issue with language
support" I mentioned in the text you quoted.

Currently I'm just including it clearly in the Ubuntu Finland's
installation guide (http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Asentaminen_8.04) that
the Internet connection should be enabled before starting the
installation.

The problem is not helped by the problems of Language Selector before
software sources are refreshed after installation, and even when they
are - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/+bug/135752
(I just added notes regarding hardy installation without Internet
connection enabled).

Anyway, I'm very happy how well stuff generally works when the
Internet connection is available and enabled during installation.

-Timo