On Fri, 16 May 2008 06:36:54 +0200 Mario Vukelic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>þÿOn Thu, 2008-05-15 at 21:14 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> but there is nothing inherently defective with the
>> current behavior.
>
>I'd agree for any other fs, but the only reason you would use an ntfs
>partition is because you want to read this in windows. Thus it makes
>little sense to allow creating filenames that prevent it.

Or the system previously had Windows on it.  Doesn't wubi install Ubuntu into
an existing Windows partition?

I don't think it's good design to make assumptions about O/S based on file
systems.  I think it makes little sense to expend effort to add such hand
holding 'features'.  If someone does add something (while I don't see the
value, who am I to tell you not to volunteer if you do), all I ask is that it
not be inflicted on users by default.

Scott K