> I agree 100%. I try and keep my desktop as close to default as possible
> because it makes it so much easier to test bugs. The less customization I
> do, the more likely it is that it isn't my fault somehow. And besides, just
> because I know how to edit config files doesn't mean I like doing it.
>
> Although I'd much rather have everything work the way I want it to out of
> the box, I realize that sometimes my preferences differ from the norm. I'm
> fine with that, but if we're going to do something as fundamental as a UI
> reorganization, we have to be absolutely sure that the majority would
> benefit from it.
>

> Evan

We're getting off track here, it's obvious that we can't annoy
experienced users just because we want to make life easier and simpler
for more people. We can however offer serious smart configuration and
option GUIs where smarts can't be done.

I find it hard to believe that those who install or log on in KDE
could not have a different configuration from those that log in via
Gnome for both gnome and kde settings for such things as switching
buttons around. Anything that doesn't conform to the HIG of gnome or
kde in those settings is a bug, it might not be an important one but
it _is_ a problem and not a feature. The solutions will be non-obvious
and a real pain in the neck sometimes but we can't just dismiss these
problems because their too hard or require too much ingenuity to
solve.

So solutions people?

Best Regards, Martin Owens