On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:50:22PM +0000, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:

> > Regarding -i810, indeed there are a few remaining corner cases where
> > there are issues (mostly with old 8xx-era chips that Intel provides only
> > limited support for), and I've discussed a lot of these with Intel.  But
> > I can't really speak on your issue without knowing the specifics of your
> > case.  LP#?
> >
> > Bryce
>
> You should know them very well :) In fact you were "assigned" to the
> case  some point in time between winter and spring, or at least these
> were the words of somebody on the ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list.

I wasn't assigned, but I did work on your bug around that time, and
found it to be an upstream bug so forwarded it.

> Various problems (my laptop broke twice for example, and now I don't
> have a monitor at all as I am abroad for a month) delayed the solution
> of the bug which is now active and waiting for me to find an external
> monitor for me (here in UK they are lots picky with their stuff).
> However I see vga out problems consistently on intel cards. On an older
> laptop with centrino I can enable vga out but then I can't get back... I
> have to reboot the system to get the LCD on again). On many new sony
> vaio laptops at my department in Pisa, they have the problem that the
> screen output does not come out (I will check this in detail when back
> in Pisa and add those models to my bug report). The lp bug is here:
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/137234
>
> and the upstream discussion you can follow from the link.

Yes, and looks like upstream is wishing for you to gather some
additional information for them.

Also it seems you're using 945 graphics, so you fall in none of the
corner cases I alluded to earlier.  Upstream will give you full support
on -intel, if you can please supply them with the info they need.

> Thanks in any case, since you helped a lot here.

No prob,
Bryce