Hi all,

What's the recommended method for setting up an Ubuntu 8.04 system as a
development station with no Internet access? I installed from CD, and got
gcc, but no g++, gcj or other goodies. I'd also like to get Octave going on
the system, but it didn't appear to be on the distribution CD. The DVD
images apparently don't include more software, just localized Ubuntu
versions?

I did run across the idea of apt repositories on DVD, is anyone aware of
such .iso files for developer tools (8.04 compatible)? It'd be great to just
use Synaptic with a DVD.

I guess I could also go with 8.10 and do chroot jail for gcc (we need 4.2.3
or or older down to 4.0, 4.3 broke some code). I'd prefer to stick with 8.04
if possible since it's already installed and has the 4.2.3 compiler. At this
point I just need to add g++ and Octave and I'd have a minimal system at
least.

Thanks for any help!