> I appreciate critical voices, but please be constructive. One thing I'm sure
> of is that we will not bring back the old icon. :)
> Any suggestions as to how to improve the current situation are more than
> welcome!

Ok, I will be constructive: we need to find a generic icon that
represent all types of connections:
the 2 monitors icon was introduced to look like windows I think.

I have a question: when you connect to a GPRS connection, do you have
the same icon as the wifi?

if a common icon can't be found, the current one plus a red cross in
the bottom right is ok for me.

Now I'm doing a search at icons in gnome-look