Alexander Sack wrote:

> Also, the abilitity to trigger .deb installs from the web by a single
> click is considered a bug and we look into making ffox and other
> webbrowsers not allow that (instead similar to windows .exe downloads
> only allow them to be saved and not opened directly from the web).

Ugh!  Sure it's dangerous - even so, I think it's a hugely regressive step
to say I _shouldn't_ be able to do that.  Feel free to default it that way,
and make me do something to demonstrate that I understand the potential
hazards, but Linux is not about holding people's hands so tight that they
can't shoot themselves in the foot.

(and, fwiw, Windows doesn't stop me executing .exes from the web - Windows
_Policy_ administration can)
--
derek