Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 13:19 +0100, Palle Hellemann wrote:
>
>> I answered: "You just click on the Floppydisk Icon in the Menu bar!"
>>

> Also, I use Ubuntu 9.10 with the default theme ((Humanity icon theme)
> and all save icons  seem to show a harddisk (3.5") with an arrow
> pointing downward. Not that this is any more intuitive (who, in the
> grand scheme of things, has looked inside their computer to actually see
> a HD? Laptops don't even have 3.5" disks), but whatever

Heh, from the mouthes of children...

I think we need to go beyond symbols that depict the current
technological device that we use to store files on, to a more generic
represtation. Perhaps an icon that changes state when the document is
saved. It could be i.e. an open hand when the document is not saved, and
when you clikc it, thereby saving the document, the hand would close. It
could also be a book; an open book when the document is unsaved, that
changes to a closed book wehn everything has safely been written to disk.

Cheers
Morten