This is an organizational problem. Waving hands and saying "the
community should do it" is nice if it works, but it obviously hasn't
happened.

> I personally would feel much more happy if you email also included a
> patch...

Well than why is there a public bug tracker if you guys just want
patches on the mailing list?

I took the time out to gather information from the forums, come up
with a bug report, and document workarounds. So did someone else as
well (my bug got marked as a dupe, so I pasted the link to the other
guys bug, which had some more info).

The bug was never read over a span of months, so I'm pointing out that
there's clearly an organizational problem whereby the bug database has
turned into a black hole of user frustration.

The same could be said of all the problems that get worked around a
different way in every release on the forums, but never get fixed in
Ubuntu proper. Clearly, no on is trawling through for bugs there.

I'm doing my little part by letting you guys know how broken
everything is, whether in the product or in the process. If that's not
enough, I won't bother in the future.