On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:59:34 -0800 Brendan Miller <catph...@catphive.net>
wrote:
>This is an organizational problem. Waving hands and saying "the
>community should do it" is nice if it works, but it obviously hasn't
>happened.

It's a resource problem.

Most developers keep an eye on bugs in specific packages they tend to focus
on.  We cannot keep track of all bugs in 20,000 packages with (last I
checked) fewer than 200 developers.

What we need is more people finding bugs that have fixes (like I gather
this one is) and bringing them to the attention of developers.  The best
way to do this is through the sponsorship process (bug management via
mailing list doesn't scale).  If the ubuntu-universe-sponsors team were
subscribed to the bug, then a developer would review it.

In short, yes we do look at bugs, but we also need help.

Scott K