On 22 May 2010 09:31, Louis Simard <louis.sim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HOWEVER: The optimisations made card games (Klondike etc.) unplayable,
> as no cards appear, due to the change in
> /usr/share/gnome-games-common/cards/gnomangelo_bitmap.svg. Gbrainy
> started crashing when a new game of verbal analogies was started, due
> to xmllint's addition of an <?xml?> tag in
> /usr/share/games/gbrainy/verbal_analogies.xml. Nautilus lost its
> toolbars, icons and right-click menu. The help viewer (System / Help
> and Support) complains that every file is not a well-formed XML
> document. So perhaps XML optimisations aren't so good? :(

Is it due to them using GMarkup instead of libxml to parse XML's?

I yes it's a bug in glib then =) i would be cool to compress xml's as
much as possible. Afterall people should be getting the source
packages to edit those and apps should parse xml's just fine without
spaces and with/without <?xml?> tag.