On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 00:07 +0800, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> Strangely, even running advzip -z -0
> images_human.zip shrinks it by 3%, and even shrinks the corresponding
> images_human.zip.gz file

That's not strange, that's just entropic packing principles. You've got
a bunch of assumptions that can be made about data and a bunch of
compression iterations, each make assumptions about the nature of the
data and some are fitting together better.

I'm keen on this work since saving space allows for all sorts of
goodies. Did we save space with any of the SVG cleaning or did that need
to be brought up to the packaging level?

Martin,