Sorry for the 4th post in a row, but I added a script that uses
AdvanceCOMP to recompress the .gz files that aren't man pages, and I
had to share my findings.

AdvanceCOMP? | ISO size (B) | Install (KiB)
------------------------------------
          No |  711,032,832 |     2,474,660
         Yes |  707,821,568 |     2,469,568
     Savings |    3,211,264 |         5,092

The script is attached.

Due to ext4 extent allocation and the order of the files on the CD,
the reordered CD made by 98make-disc boots faster, but its installed
size is 180 MB bigger, so this new mksquashfs ordering (in
98make-disc) is a tradeoff. This new ordering is not used in the
actual CD building process, though I filed a bug for it [1].

Should I revert to the default ordering done by mksquashfs or start
using ext3 installations to compensate, for testing?

- Louis

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/589629