On 02/04/12 15:27, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday, April 02, 2012 08:58:20 PM Dale Amon wrote:
>> Oh and did I mention that some are only accessible
>> by ip or have unique ssh ports for security? I'm
>> not very good at remembering those at 3am.
> That's what ~/.ssh/config is for.

So to give an idea, my ~/.ssh/config has more than 200 entries; some
of them have unique ports, some of them unique proxies, some of them
different userIds, some of them a mix of the previous.

To boot, ssh has autocompletion for entries in its ./config. And...
you can *name* the entries as you wish (or make sense for you).

But I think the major issue for the OP is the change in paradigm.  I
suffered with it when I moved to Unity (and grumbled a lot).  Now I
find myself actually liking it. YMMV.

Anyways, if you want something like Gnome, there is pure Gnome,
always available. And KDE,  etc. The beauty of this all is we have
options. And we *can* opt.

..C..